This recipe is low carb with cauliflower rice as in the photo, but I used to serve it over Orzo if you want the original recipe. I used the juice from the chicken in the pan to cook the cauliflower rice. I do think fresh cauliflower rice is MUCH better than frozen. The frozen lacks flavor and gets mushy easier. This makes a large pan of chicken.
- 3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken thighs.
- Kalamata Olives (pitted) and a little olive juice.
- Juice of half a small lemon and thin slices of the other half
- Feta cheese crumbles
- 4-6 cloves of garlic depending on size and preference for garlic
- 1 Tbsp dried Oregano
- 2 Tsp Fresh chopped Rosemary
- 1/4 cup EVOO or Avocado Oil.
- 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste. Use less salt if you use olive juice.
Put everything but the feta cheese in a large zip lock bag and marinate for an hour or 2. Overnight is fine if that’s what you need to do as well. Squish it around in the bag. Try and remove as much air as possible.
Place the bag contents in a large flat baking dish with sides. Enough room for the chicken to be single layer and not too squished. They can be cooked 3 ways, Low and slow at 275 for 2 hours and baste often. Faster… 400 degrees to brown and then 40 minutes at 325 degrees. Recently I had to just put it all in a crock pot and that worked well. Skip the lemon slices in the crock pot. 7 hours on low. Add the Feta to the chicken at the very end of the cooking time. Just to melt it a bit. Take the juice and saute the cauli rice with it, lid on to keep the juice depending on how much you have or lid off if trying to reduce it I also recently have gone LOW GLUTEN and serve this on Basmati Rice. (The lowest carb rice there is BTW) . Lots of flavor! Enjoy! Easy Greek style chicken.