I saw this recipe on the internet.. I think I would add Chicken breast.. Thanks Shanelle!
SLOW COOKER ENCHILADA QUINOA
4 hours 5 mins
Healthy, easy enchilada quinoa made right in the crock pot. Just set it and forget it for a cheesy, protein-packed meal.
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 15-ounce cans of mild or medium red enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 15-ounce can of diced fire roasted tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 cup un-cooked quinoa + ½ cup water
- 4 ounces cream cheese (light or fat free is okay)
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- optional: chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, sour cream
- Add beans, corn, 1 can of enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes and chiles, quinoa, water, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to the slow cooker. Stir everything together.
- Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce on top, then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover and cook 4-5 hours on high or 5-7 hours on low.
- Uncover, top with tomatoes, avocados, sour cream, and chopped cilantro and serve.
*For added flavor, I like to add 1 teaspoon each cumin and garlic powder.