- I Med Spaghetti Squash
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- Pesto to taste (I use Costco’s ) about 2 tbsp.
- Quality Marinara (pref no added sugar) also Kirkland organic.
- 1 egg
- Italian panko about 1 cup ( plain panko with Italian seasoning mixed in works too)
- Shredded Parmesan (a couple Tbsp.)
- Avocado Oil
- Sriracha if you like spicy (to taste)
- Cut Spaghetti Squash in half and remove seeds and pith. Put a Tbsp of water and a shake of salt in the center cavity. Cover with a plate and microwave for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. (375 Convection)
- Whisk egg in a small bowl and dip chicken breasts in it and coat with panko and parmesan mix. Salt and Pepper lightly.
- Preheat heavy frying pan that is oven friendly, add Oil and heat to Med-high.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides and transfer to oven. Bake about 30 minutes depending on chicken thickness.
- After squash is finished cooking, shred it with a fork and add to a frying pan. Add pesto and toss until coated. Turn down to low.
- Heat marinara up in small saucepan. Add Sriracha to taste.
- Plate squash and place breast on top and cover with Marinara . Garnish with additional parmesan.
- Enjoy this satisfying low-carb version of a classic!